Day 29 and day 30!
Woohoo, I just finished drinking my 30th green smoothie and I am quite proud of myself. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but I had THE best rest last night. I think I slept an entire 8 hours and I woke up feeling 100% rested and ready to tackle the week. In addition to the fabulous slumber, here are some other benefits I noticed throughout the month:
- I am regular - this is HUGE!
- My endurance is stronger during the cardio portion of my cross training. I still have some work to do with the area of strength training, but I can definitely run longer and faster. Yesterday during cross training, I was sprinting at 7.5 mph on a 12% incline. Go Jenny Go!
- My belly is flatter. It's not FLAT, but is definitely less puffy. I feel like my thighs are smaller too. I didn't weigh myself or take any measurements because I wasn't doing this for weight loss, but I put on a pair of slim, black pants yesterday that were definitely fitting better then when I last had them on in the winter.
- I like greens! All types of greens. I eat kale almost every day now. That's amazing.
Overall, it's been a good month for sure. I just realized that I also blogged for 30 days about the challenge so that is a side accomplishment! I guess I can officially call myself a blogger :)
Will I continue to drink the green smoothies?
Of course! They aren't just for breakfast anymore. You can drink a green smoothie at any time of the day or night and reap the benefits.
On Sunday, I furthered my raw food curiosity and visited All the Way Live, a raw food restaurant in Philadelphia. The ratings were really high on yelp.com so I asked a colleague to meet me there. The food was fantastic! Here is a photo of what we shared.
The upper left corner is lasagna. The upper right corner is a tasting of quinoa salad, soulful greens and BBQ mushrooms. The bottom is the apple cake - woohoo! Everything was absolutely delicious. I definitely will be going back and I may even purchase a week of raw meals from there.
Sunday was a great day and I feel like the entire day was FUN! Here is the drink I created on Sunday before going to bed. I used extra water so it was more like a green drink than a smoothie.
1 c chopped kale, stems removed
1/3 c organic frozen blueberries
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1 1/4 c water
1 serving Stevia Kal
Day 30
Today's green smoothie wasn't that good, but I chugged it down because I know it was good for me. Note to self. Do not add wheat grass and the cacao powder in the same drink without sweetener I tasted it and had to put it back in the blender with some stevia because the taste was not pleasant. I guess I could have added some more fruit as well.
2 c chopped kale, stems removed
1/2 frozen banana
1 tbsp Cacao powder
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1 tbsp natural peanut butter
1 serving Stevia Kal
The September 30 day challenge is complete! Now, on to the October 30 day challenge...


No comments:
Post a Comment