Unbelievable.
In honor of September and the new blog, I am going to do a 30 day challenge. According to the directions by personal development guru, Steve Pavlina, you can do anything for 30 days, right?
My 30 day challenge will be to drink a delicious green smoothie EVERY DAY!
I'm no stranger to the good for you green smoothie. I've been drinking them a few times a week for the past few months, but now I am challenging myself to drink one every day and I'll share my recipes aka Drink of the Day (DOD) on the blog.
A few reasons why drinking a green smoothie a day is good habit to have.
1. GREEN SMOOTHIES ARE PACKED WITH GOOD NUTRIENTS
Green smoothies are packed with fiber, which lowers cholesterol and glucose levels, keeps you feeling fuller for longer and regulates your body’s cleansing processes. Plus, it’s a tasty way to get a strong dose of fruits and veggies, which provide vital nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, folate and potassium.2. YOU CAN DRINK YOUR DAILY REQUIREMENT OF VEGGIES
Most folks don't eat enough fruits and veggies on a daily basis to provide all the nutrients their bodies need. Solution! Drink them. Green smoothies are packed with a chlorophyll and chlorophyll is a molecule that closely resembles a molecule of human blood. What exactly does that mean? By drinking two or three cups of green smoothies daily, you will consume enough greens to nourish your body, and all of the beneficial nutrients will be well assimilated.
3. THEY TASTE REALLY GOOD!
Not convinced it won't taste like a glass of liquefied lettuce? The best ratio of greens to fruit is 60/40. 60% veggies and 40% fruit. Let me break that down again. 2 cups of greens to 1 cup of fruit. The fruit will balance out the taste of the greens. If you're a newbie, start with a mild green like spinach or broccoli.
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment