Day 9 of 30
Ah...Monday morning.
Unfortunately, yesterday's energy burst didn't carry over when my alarm clock went off at 5 AM this morning. I dragged myself out of bed and for a full 45 minutes contemplated if I was going to the gym or not.
Should I go?
I can skip today.
I'll feel better if I go.
But I don't feel like it.
If I don't go, will I workout later?
Probably not.
I made the final decision to put on my gym gear, get in the car and roll out. Unite Fitness has a $10 late cancellation fee so when you cancel the day of, you get a $10 fine. That's motivation to get going, right?
Once I got going on the treadmill, I was good to go. If you're not familiar with Unite Fitness Studios, each 75 minute class - yes, 75 minutes - is the utopia of cross training. In one class you'll do 30 minutes of cardio, followed by 30 minutes of strength training and 15 minutes of yoga and stretching. These workouts kick my arse, but I love them! If you're in the Philly/South Jersey area, check out www.unitefitnessstudios.com.
After a sweatabulous workout, I was ready to pass out! I didn't drink or eat anything before I went so I wonder if that played a part in my super fatigued feeling. When I got home, I didn't really feel like drinking a green smoothie, but I thought about the energy boosting benefits of maca powder and chica seeds so I pulled out the Vitamix and got to mixing.
This is what I concocted today.
2 c organic baby spinach leaves
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 organic fuji apple
1 tsp Maca powder
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 tsp raw honey
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
I probably should have doubled the chia seeds and maca powder to give myself a natural boost to get through the day!
WHY YOU SHOULD FREEZE YOUR BANANAS
Bananas are one of the cheapest fruits you can buy. Even the organic bananas are less than $1 per pound. When I go to the store, I like to buy a bunch of bananas. If they aren't ripe, I let them sit out until the skin is the perfect shade of yellow.
Once they have achieved this state of perfection, I peel them, cut them in half and put the halves in a freezer bag. Walah! When I'm ready to add a frozen banana to my drink, I grab a half from the freezer and drop it in the blender. I prefer to add frozen fruit rather than ice to make my drink cold.
Cheers!

No comments:
Post a Comment