Sunday, September 8, 2013

A Weekend Quickie

Day 7 of 30

Got my wheat grass! It was on sale at Whole Foods for $16.99. Woot! Woot!

For the 30 day green smoothie challenge, weekends are not a time to take a break! Even though I was craving a lazy, Saturday morning brunch with my beau, I stuck with the plan. 

I pulled out the Vitamix and the remains of my produce drawer. I whipped up today's smoothie and drank it on my way to Whole Foods to restock the coffers aka go food shopping. 

1 1/2 cups Power Greens (emptied the container)
1/2 c raspberries
1/2 c frozen blueberries
1 tsp Maca powder
1 tsp raw organic honey
1 tbsp chopped walnuts
1 c carrot juice 

Blend. Drink. Yum. 

Soon, the thoughts of bacon, cheesy grits and eggs was a distant memory. 

Cheers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...