I can't believe September is almost over and there are just 6 more days left in this month's challenge. Time flies when you're feeling healthy.
Speaking of feeling healthy, I saw this post on Facebook this morning and it reminded me that this journey to healthy is not about weight loss or fitting into a size 2. It's about being the happiest and healthiest person I can be.
Today is my "off" day from Unite Fitness. I usually decide in the morning what my workout will be. Sometimes I don't work out at all. Other days I will walk outside or on the treadmill reading a magazine (yes, I am one of those people). In the past few weeks, I've had the urge to go running. I may have mentioned this before, but I don't consider myself a runner...at least I didn't before today's run.
Let me explain.
Right after I read this post on Facebook, I saw another post from a friend at 6:15 am. She was FINISHED her early morning run (3.2 mi in 36 minutes)! Wow, this mother and wife made the time to get up and out. What's my excuse?
As I got ready to go running in the park this morning, I was overcome with gratitude that I had legs that moved and feet that carried me. I had running shoes to put on and cute workout gear to wear. I thanked God for the air that filled my lungs with each breath. This mindset made a HUGE difference in my attitude this morning.
Not only did I actually get up and out to go exercise, I ran.
And I ran.
And I kept running. For 3.89 miles.
I usually tend to walk more than I run, but today, I was working off of some other energy. Even when I stopped to walk (out of habit), I realized that my body wanted to continue to run.
So I ran. I kept running until I completed the loop at Cooper River Park in 45 minutes.
When I got back to my car, I was like wow, I feel good! Is this the runner's high that has been so elusive? If so, I liked it, and I want it again.
I imagine if I invoke a spirit of gratitude before any workout, I can expect the same high. I'm going to test my theory out tomorrow.
#runhappy
When I returned to my abode, I prepared the following smoothie:
2 c dandelion greens
1/2 organic bosc pear
1/2 frozen banana
1 tbsp walnuts
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Cheers!
FUN FOR THE DAY
I ran and I liked it!
No comments:
Post a Comment