Whew! Day 18 folks and I'm still movin' and groovin'!
Right now, I am movin' and groovin' in slow motion. I had another kick arse workout this morning at Unite Fitness Studios. I was running on endorphins all morning until...3 PM.
BAM!
I felt like I just had to lay down and take a good nap. But I didn't. I had errands to run so I kept moving. I got home around 5 and I didn't stop. I still had to put my groceries away and prepare dinner and do a load of laundry.
Ironically, this morning in class, the coach told me (when I finished running suicides in the stair well of the building), that this type of intense workout would give me tons of energy this morning and I would crash around 2. I didn't believe him because I eat really well and my energy is usually sustained throughout the day.
Well, since I was out all day, lunch was just a KIND bar and some water at the hair salon. A light lunch + a kick arse workout (where I burned almost 600 calories), = an energy crash.
Not only am I pooped, muscle soreness just kicked in. I almost didn't crack open this laptop to write today's post.
I'm no physical fitness expert, but I do know that I need to let my body recover before I do another intense workout. I was planning on going for a run tomorrow and back to Unite Fitness Studios on Friday, but I think I'm going to rest tomorrow and do a light workout on Friday. Unite Fitness Studios will see me again on Monday.
Sometimes you just have to listen to your body. It knows best. I'm constantly trying to stay in tune with my body when it's time to eat. My goal is to eat when hungry and stop when full. That can pretty hard to do, but I know if I keep at it, eventually it will become second nature.
So tell me, are you in tune with your body or are you on autopilot?
FUN FOR THE DAY
Today, I had an appointment for a wash, blowout and trim at Topper's Spa with Albert. I love getting my hair done there. He gets me in and out within an hour because he works on one client at a time. I get the BEST scalp massage and I can sip on fun beverages while I'm getting my hair done. Definitely worth the extra $$ for a little pampering and a precise trim.
Plus, today the weather was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for window shopping in Rittenhouse Square. As I walked down the street, the wind was just blowing through my light and fluffy hair. Definitely the highlight of my day.
DRINK OF THE DAY
2 c organic baby spinach
1 c frozen organic blueberries
1/2 beet
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1/4 c chopped walnuts and pecans
1 serving Stevia Kal
1 c unsweetened almond milk
Cheers!

You've really been making me think about how to get out of my head more and have fun...I feel so out of touch with that side of myself, that I'm not even sure what I like to do anymore! I love that you post a fun thing you did--it's inspiring!
ReplyDelete@Christy, it's actually hard to think and actually do something fun each day so this is definitely a challenge in itself!
Delete