I read that beets are really good for you. I never liked beets, but as I've grown older, my tastes have changed for certain foods. On my most recent run to the grocery store, I decided to be adventurous and purchase beets to add to my green smoothie.
![]() |
| Front of beet package |
![]() |
| Back of beet package |
Today's green elixir
2 c organic baby spinach leaves
1/2 organic fuji apple
1/2 organic beet
1 tbsp hemp seeds
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1/2 c frozen organic blueberries
1 c carrot juice
EAT A BEET
1. DETOX
Who knew? Beets help to rid the body of toxins so your body can focus on digesting food and absorbing nutrients. When your body has too many toxins, it has to spend so much time trying to get rid of the toxins, that it can't process the food the way it's supposed to.
2. FIBER
Beets have tons of fiber to help fill you up and keep your digestive system moving.
3. NATURAL APHRODISIAC
I don't really need to elaborate here, but beets can increase blood flow due to it's nitrates.
4. SUPER ANTIOXIDANT
Not just a regular old antioxidant, but a SUPER one. Beets are a very good source of commonly known antioxidants like vitamin C and manganese, but it is their lesser-known antioxidants, like betalains, which give them their true value.
5. ANTI-INFLAMMATORY BENEFITS
This is probably my favorite benefit. Most of us are dealing with chronic stress in our lives which can lead to inflammation in the body. Inflammation in the body is never a good thing and chronic inflammation has been linked to a number of symptoms and diseases including:
- Wrinkles
- Cancer
- Susceptibility to infections
- Arthritis
- Bronchitis
- Chronic pain
- Diabetes
- High blood pressure
- Osteoporosis
- Heart disease
The blood-red betalains in beets have been shown to reduce chronic inflammation. Stress reduction is always a concern of mine so for this reason, I will continue to eat a beet every now and then.
Cheers!


No comments:
Post a Comment