Today is Saturday and I had a taste for a non-liquid breakfast. However, that doesn't mean I'm not drinking my nutrient blast of green goodness. I ate a breakfast sandwich - gluten free bread made with brown rice flour, 1 pasteurized egg scrambled, 2 slices of nitrate free peppered bacon AND a slice of provolone to top it off. Delicious!
After I consumed my yummy breakfast sandwich, I turned on the TV and a Nutribullet commercial was on. So today's drink was inspired by David Wolfe.
1 c organic baby spinach
1 c organic kale
1/2 organic cucumber
1/2 frozen banana
Blueberry jam (see recipe below)
A few raw pecans
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
BLUEBERRY JAM
A friend sent me this recipe and she uses it to make blueberry pancakes. It's Saturday, and I was planning on making blueberry pancakes this morning so I prepared the jam first. Then I realized that I tossed my old griddle and never replaced it. I had the jam sitting in a bowl looking yummy so I decided to dump it into my smoothie. That was a good decision!
1 c blueberries
2 tbsp chia seeds
pinch of stevia to taste
Mash the blueberries or blend them in a food processor. Pour into a glass bowl. Add the chia seeds and stevia (or your preferred sweetener). Mix and let it set a few hours to gel.
Cheers!
ENERGY BOOST THIS AFTERNOON
I'm continuing this post from this morning. It's 3:56 PM and I just came back from running. This may not be exciting for the average person, but I am not a runner, I don't workout on the weekends AND I'm usually chillin' around this time in the afternoon.
Not today!
This is the second weekend where I took advantage of the energy boosting benefits of my green smoothies. I decided around 2 pm, I was going to go for a run! Ha! I have to laugh at myself because that sounds so healthy...so fit...so not like me!
I tried running last year using a couch to 5K app and even though I completed the 6 weeks, I never liked running. I just didn't like it. I could do it, but I never got that runner's high AND I didn't lose any weight doing it (which was my primary motivation). Go figure.
Knowing what I know now, I probably didn't lose any weight because I was so focused on losing the weight and hating running that my body was experiencing a low grade level of stress...all the time. Stress will make your body hold on to weight for dear life.
Now do you see why I'm laughing at myself because I can hardly believe I decided to get up and go running, just for the heck of it. Well I ran and it felt good. I went to the local track and did 3.1 miles using Lolo BeatBurn Treadmill/Outdoor trainer app and tracking my distance with Map My Run.
I feel GOOD (in my James Brown voice)!
Off to the shower!
Cheers!
ENERGY BOOST THIS AFTERNOON
I'm continuing this post from this morning. It's 3:56 PM and I just came back from running. This may not be exciting for the average person, but I am not a runner, I don't workout on the weekends AND I'm usually chillin' around this time in the afternoon.
Not today!
This is the second weekend where I took advantage of the energy boosting benefits of my green smoothies. I decided around 2 pm, I was going to go for a run! Ha! I have to laugh at myself because that sounds so healthy...so fit...so not like me!
I tried running last year using a couch to 5K app and even though I completed the 6 weeks, I never liked running. I just didn't like it. I could do it, but I never got that runner's high AND I didn't lose any weight doing it (which was my primary motivation). Go figure.
Knowing what I know now, I probably didn't lose any weight because I was so focused on losing the weight and hating running that my body was experiencing a low grade level of stress...all the time. Stress will make your body hold on to weight for dear life.
Now do you see why I'm laughing at myself because I can hardly believe I decided to get up and go running, just for the heck of it. Well I ran and it felt good. I went to the local track and did 3.1 miles using Lolo BeatBurn Treadmill/Outdoor trainer app and tracking my distance with Map My Run.
I feel GOOD (in my James Brown voice)!
Off to the shower!
No comments:
Post a Comment