Monday, September 23, 2013

Juicing it for the day

Days 21, 22 & 23!

Saturday was a busy day full of errands and social events. After eating an omelet for breakfast, I headed out the door to tackle the to do list. While I was out, I ran into Starbucks for a bottle of water and I found this green goodness in a bottle. 


Intrigued, I picked it up and read the label. 35 calories and 6g sugar per serving. 


All the things I love! I purchased it, but I was taken aback by the cost. $5.95! At that point I was all ready to experience it so I handed over $6, cracked it open and took a swig. 

Total deliciousness!

I'm so tempted to buy a juicer for the house now. Thanks Starbucks for providing a healthy green option to drink. Evolution Fresh


(Saturday) FUN FOR THE DAY
The boyfriend and I went to a birthday BBQ birthday celebration at a friend's home. Always a good time! Here's a photo of us at the event. 




_________________________________________________________________________________

Day 22
On Sunday, I created a quick basic smoothie. Sometimes simple is best. 

1 c chopped organic kale, stems removed
1 c dandelion greens
1/2 organic Fuji apple
1 c sweetened vanilla almond milk

(Sunday) FUN FOR THE DAY
After church, I chilled out on the couch and watched a movie which I very rarely do. This was my first time seeing Couple's Retreat and Vince Vaughn had me laughing out loud!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Day 23
When drinking a green smoothie, it's important to have the correct ratio of greens to fruit so you don't overload your system with sugar and experience a blood sugar spike.

Unfortunately, I think I overloaded on the sweet fruit today because a few hours of consuming the smoothie, I totally crashed! I was so sleepy, I had to put my head down on my desk and close my eyes for a few minutes. After my quickie nap, I got up and decided to eat some lunch even though I wasn't really that hungry. I ate protein to balance out all the carbs that I consumed this morning. As soon as I ate a few bites, I felt back to my normal self again. 

Here is today's recipe. If you decide to follow it, I highly suggest using less fruit. 


2 c organic baby spinach
1/2 c fresh pineapple
1/3 organic cucumber
1/2 organic fuji apple
1 tsp Maca powder
1 serving Amazing Grass Organic Wheat Grass
1/4 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/2 c water

Cheers! Cheers! and Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...