Saturday, March 1, 2014

February Challenge Results

My personal challenge for February was to do at least 30 minutes of activity each day. I knew this was going to be a particularly tough challenge. I had 2 business trips scheduled this month and the weather has been down right awful. We've had some type of snow storm or wintery mix EVERY WEEK this month. Ugh. 

So how did I do against the odds that were stacked up against me? 

I hate to say it, but I failed. 
I started out strong and did FIVE days in a row! I even worked out at the hotel I was staying in during the first week in New York. On Day 6, I had a 13 hour work day complete with a corporate cocktail hour and sit-down dinner. Working out that night was pretty much out of the question. After that, I lost my mojo. 

This was a really hard challenge for me because of my schedule. Hats off to my inspiration, Lakeisha, who made it for 100 days straight. Although I didn't workout daily, I did increase my workouts and I was able to workout at home/hotel when I couldn't make it to the gym. 

LESSON LEARNED

If I were going to do this challenge again, I would schedule my workout time on my calendar each day. I would not workout on any day where I worked extremely long hours if it were going to cut into my sleep time. At the end of the day, the body needs to rest and I know I am no good when I am tired. 

On to the March challenge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...