A few weeks ago, I wrote a blog post, I'm tweaking, not twerking, about the blood type diet. As a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, we're learning about dozens of different diets and ways of eating. All very fascinating information, but the blood type diet peaked my interest. So much so, that I ordered an at home blood test kit to find out my blood type.
I discovered I am type O+ which made me happy because I liked to eat mostly all of the beneficial foods. I made a few changes to my diet, by reducing the so called "avoid" foods. Notice, I didn't say cut out completely. I followed the 90/10 rule when it came to eating for my blood type and that's perfectly ok.
So, 7 weeks later, how am I doing?
GREAT! It was really easy to eat more of the beneficial foods and less of the avoid foods. I can't say that I felt deprived and it seemed like a natural way of eating.
Unfortunately, I don't have any hard core numbers for you because I didn't weigh myself when I started BUT I can definitely tell that I am smaller by the way my clothes are fitting. I don't feel bloated and I'm sleeping like a baby at night.
In addition, I increased my workouts to follow the exercise recommendations for my blood type. Beneficial exercise for Type O is "intense physical exercise, such as aerobics, running and martial arts."
You all know I LOVE my cross training workouts at Unite Fitness. My goal used to be to get there 3x a week, which usually resulted in 2x a week. Now, I go 4x a week and I feel great after the workouts. I finally found a workout I love to do.
Wondering what your beneficial exercise is for your blood type?
In conclusion, I will continue to eat for my blood type by eating more of the beneficial foods and reducing my avoid foods.
I highly encourage you to find out your blood type and tweak your diet based on the recommendations in Dr. D'Adamo's book, Eat Right For Your Type. If you do, please let me know in the comments section below! I'd love to support you.
Interesting post. I've tried the blood type diet and my results were pretty good too! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThat's great DG! Glad to hear you're having success as well.
DeleteI too have an O+ blood type, and you've definitely piqued my interest! I've read so many mixed things about this plan, but really I know it comes down to what works for you, and I'm happy to hear you seem to be feeling good about the changes! I'll have to look up the foods recommended for my (our) blood type and what foods to avoid. I'm curious to see how it fits in with what I'm doing now. :-)
ReplyDeleteChristy, you may be surprised that few simple tweaks to your current diet may be really beneficial. Check out my blog post http://jenniferdent.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-tweaking-not-twerking.html for a summary list of beneficial/avoid foods. Let me know if you have any questions!
Delete