Sunday, December 1, 2013

Decluttering in December

I love the first day of a new month. 

I like to take time to assess what I accomplished (or didn't accomplish) the previous month and think about what I want to accomplish for the upcoming month. 

This month, I'm focused on getting ready for 2014. I want to walk into 2014 in a fabulous way so over the next few weeks I will be decluttering and cleansing my physical body and space. 

I was inspired to declutter after reading 38 Things You Need to Declutter from Your Life NOW! I don't function well when my space is junky so I try to keep things pretty neat, but this blog urged me to take my decluttering up a notch. The point that Denise Duffield Thomas makes in this blog post is that you should declutter to open up your space to receive something new, amazing, bigger and better. I'm looking forward to many blessings in 2014 so I want to clear as much space as possible! 

In addition to decluttering my environment, I will be cleansing toxins from my physical body and focusing my thoughts on what is pure, good and positive. I'll write a future post on the benefits of doing a full body cleanse every now and then. 

And...

I'm also cleaning up my budget and cutting back on excess spending to I can bulk up my savings account. I spent some time this weekend creating a new Excel based allocated spending plan for 2014 and writing down some financial goals.


http://romanceonadime.com/priorities/simplify-project-declutter/

2014 is going to be a special year for me and I'm happy to have this time now to prepare myself for all the good things that are headed my way.


UPDATE

After reading 38 Things You Need to Declutter from Your Life NOW! for the tenth time, I decided to make myself a December Declutter List. This month, I plan to do the following:

  • Organize photos on Shutterfly/iPhone/iPad
  • Throw away all ripped and/or stained clothing, bedding and towels
  • Recycle old electronics
  • Clean out the underwear drawer
  • Give away clothes that don't fit anymore
  • Unsubscribe to email newsletters I don't read anymore
  • Change all my passwords to represent new goals (Love this idea)
  • Clean up the hard drive on my personal laptop
  • Recycle, trash or delete old marketing materials from old businesses
  • Remove myself from Facebook groups that don't appeal to me anymore
I'll check in next month with my December Declutter results.


Are you preparing for the upcoming year? If so, what is on your December Declutter list?

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about the full body cleanse. Thanks for sharing. Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I need to be doing something to get ready for 2014! 2013 was a crazy year for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully this post was inspirational to you Sheila! <>

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...