Wednesday, February 12, 2014

In love with PB2

I recently reignited my love for PB2 and began adding it to my protein shakes again. I love this stuff. Yes, it's a processed food product, but it's minimally processed with just three ingredients (roasted peanuts, sugar & salt) and only contains 1 g of sugar per serving. 



If you're not familiar with PB2, it's powdered peanut butter.
When you open the jar, the consistency reminds me of baking powder. It smells like peanut butter, tastes like peanut butter but doesn't have all the fat and calories of peanut butter. Each 2 tbsp. serving has just 45 calories and 1.5 g of fat.  



The company that makes it, Bell Plantation, describes it as having the "same consistency as full fat peanut butter with all of the natural roasted peanut flavor, but with nearly 85% less fat calories. PB2 is made with high quality peanuts that are slow-roasted to our specifications and pressed to remove the oil. All natural with no artificial flavors or sweeteners, and no preservatives."

Now I've been known to go to town with a knife and a jar of creamy peanut butter. Who hasn't been there? 


She knows what I'm talking about!
PB2 tastes great in my shakes, but it's not as satisfying on the spoon. I read that you can mix it with water to achieve the same consistency of regular peanut butter. Yeah...no. Not the same. 

If you haven't tried it, I highly recommend picking up a jar. They also have chocolate PB2 which is just as yummy. I am definitely a fan and I will continue to enjoy 2 tbsp. of PB2 in my chocolate protein shakes. Mmm...

#beHealthy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...